Ten Ways To Break The Stronghold of Pornography
by Ray Comfort
by Ray Comfort
- Take some pornography to church and look at it during worship. You may as well; because God is just as present in your bedroom as He is in a building we call a "church."
- Face the fact that you may not be saved. The Bible speaks of false apostles, false teachers, false prophets, false brethren and false conversion (see Mark 4:1-20).
- Come to the realization that when you give yourself to pornography, you are committing adultery (see Matthew 5:27-28).
- Grasp the serious nature of your sin. Jesus said that it would be better for you to be blind and go to Heaven than to allow your eye to be offended, and end up in Hell (see Matthew 5:29).
- Those who profess to be Christians yet give themselves to pornographic material evidently lack the fear of God (Proverbs 16:6). Cultivate the fear of God by reading Proverbs 2:1-5.
- Open your Bible at Psalm 51 and make it your own prayer.
- Memorize James 1:14 and 1 Corinthians 10:13 and quote them when you are tempted.
- Make no provision for your flesh (see Romans 13:14). If you can't control yourself, you have to then get rid of every access to pornographic material--the Internet, printed literature, TV, videos and movies. Stop feeding the fire.
- Guard your heart with all diligence (see Proverbs 4:23). Don't let the demonic realm have access to your thought-life. If you give yourself to it, you will become its slave (see Romans 6:16). Read the Bible daily, without fail. Quote the Word of God when you are tempted (see Ephesians 6:12-20).
- The next time temptation comes, do fifty push-ups, then fifty sit-ups. If you are still burning, repeat the process (see 1 Corinthians 9:27, and 1 Corinthians 7:9).